Friday, December 5, 2008

Scrappy Jessi's Cookie Swap



This is our contribution to Scrappy Jessi's Cookie Swap!
This recipe is from an old Martha Stewart magazine. We tried it and loved it so much we thought you would too!



Brownie Cookies

2 cups & 2 TBSP flour
¾ cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 ½ sticks unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
3 tsp. vanilla


Sift together flour,cocoa,baking soda, and salt. Set aside with mixer, beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, combine. Gradually add flour mixture at low speed. Chill till firm, about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using cookie scoop, roll into balls and dip tops in sugar.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes.

Note: Any slight changes can dramatically change the texture of the cookies, such as when I forgot to sift the dry ingredients and just stirred them. It didn't taste right.



We love to bake cookies! I (Lindsey) started baking cookies when I was about 10 and enjoy baking them every winter.

We plan to share more of our favorite cookie recipes now until Christmas.


Head on over to Scrappy Jessi's blog to check out the other cookie participant's.



21 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

tee hee i love cookie monster.
haha,
yummy cookies.

have fun girls.

oxoxoxo,
jessi

Unknown said...

ME want COOKIE!!! I think I'm related to Cookie Monster! That last photo is too cute..."Delete Cookies!?!" LOL! Gotta love 'im!
Thanks for the cookie recipe! :)

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Yummy sounding recipe, I look forward to more,

Victoria xx

Heidi said...

who doesn't love brownies? made into a cookie? even better!
:)Heidi

Valerie said...

I had never heard of brownie cookies but they sound great.

What funny cookie monster cartoons!

Valerie

Heidi said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my cookies today! I've never been to your blog, how fun!

And you'd just have to know I love the first Mary Engelbreit picture! I've never made Brownie cookies, they sound good!

I love all your Cookie Monster pics, too! When my Melissa was young she'd watch Sesame Street all the time, I can still sing some of the songs! LOVE the "cookies...delete?" pic....SO funny and SO me!!!!! (My Melissa is 26 and my Jessica is 21). I love making cookies with my girls!

I'll save your blog link and come again!
Hugs, Heidi

Linda Lou said...

Sounds like a yummy, easy recipe, i have to bake 10 dozen cookies for my husband's clients-this would be a nice addition to the mix!

Birds of a Feather said...

mmmm, sound so delicious! what a sweet blog you have!

thanks for sharing!

xo heidi

Lindsay-ann said...

Great fun post Lindsey. Those cookies sound delicious. My husband loves Cookie Monster. He still has a cookie monster toy from his childhood.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lindsay

Diane Mars said...

I just Love Cookie... And yes I Love Cookie Monster.
Hugs, Diane

mendytexas said...

I LOVE Cookie Monster...C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me..." Love those brownie cookies!
:)mendy

Holly said...

Mmmm! Me like cookies, too! More than any other desert! lindsey, I started baking around 10 yrs. old, too! I would be home all alone and I'd eat half the dough raw! I had a lot of stomach aches when I was little. :>

Big hugs to both my girls!

Stacey said...

Me love cookies too!! Love new cookie recipes - especially chocolate.

Anonymous said...

I hear you, Cookie Monster! I like cookies better than cake!!

Love the cartoon!

Diane

Yin said...

OMG a brownie cookie! It's GENIUS! I can't wait to try these! Also I love your use of cookie monster!!

happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

haha love the cookie monster thats hubbys nickname!! haha

toodles-
sarah

Jeanne said...

OK, Brownie & Cookies - what a yummy combination! Can't wait to try these.
xo
jeanne

bluemuf said...

Great recipe and I love the Cookie Monster.

thank you for your comment...It's nice to be back

Karen

Sherry said...

I love your cookie monster pictures!! They are great!

KatCollects said...

These sound really good, I think Sarah would like them. We bake cookies every year for Christmas. My Grandma's sugar cookie recipe which everyone loves and a almond bark cookie, also that my Grandma also made. Maybe we will try these too. Oh and Matthew's birthday is Cookie Monsters Birthday, they celebrated them together in school : )
Hugs,
Kathy

Nerissa Alford said...

uummmm! That looks delish! I love the pics you added. The last one & the delete cookies are hysterical.
I love your blog & that you are a mother/daugher creative team. Way cool!
Happy Holidays
Nerissa