Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Barbie Wednesday


Hello friends!
Today I am sharing with you Avon Exclusive Barbies.
These dolls were available exclusively through Avon catalogs. The first Avon Barbie came out in 1996. She was called, Spring Blossom Barbie.


The next doll to be released by Avon was the Winter Velvet Barbie also from 1996. The first in a series of Winter themed dolls.
This Barbie inspired today's post as I just added her to my collection Monday! Still in her original box, she was a great thrift store find!

One of my favorite Avon Barbies is the Winter Rhapsody Barbie, which came out in 1997. I loved playing with her! She is the second in the Winter Theme collection.
Although this was an Avon Exclusive, it was sold by K-B Toy Liquidators for a reduced price and a Winter Rhapsody Sticker covered the Avon label.


In 1998, Avon released the Winter Splendor Barbie. She is a lovely doll! I have always thought she was one of the prettiest Barbies!

Also in 1998, came the Spring Tea Party Barbie. This doll also had been sold by K-B Toys with a sticker covering the Avon label.

Several more Avon Barbies were released over the years, but my favorite of all is this Timeless Silhouette Barbie from 2000. I adore the vintage style Ponytail Barbies across her dress!


This lovely Victorian Tea Barbie from 2006 by Avon must find it's way into my collection someday! I love her! She is so pretty!


I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the Barbies created for Avon!

In 1 week from today you will start to see my work on October Afternoon's blog!! Yay! I can't wait to share with you all the projects that I created!
Starting September 1st I will be the Guest Designer! I am so excited! It was such a treat to get to work with all their lovely paper! My favorite new release from October Afternoon is the Modern Homemaker Line! It's dreamy!!!!!!


You can visit their website to see pictures of the new release!!!
You will also be seeing lots of projects featuring this lovely collection because it's all I want to work with!


I didn't have any of the cute stickers or embellishments from this line to play with while creating and as you can see they came out with beautiful stickers and even matching buttons!!! I can't wait to get those too!

The Modern Homemaker line will begin shipping to stores at the end of September! I can hardly wait to get more!

Wishing you all a lovely day, Lindsey

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes..... Barbie is a beauty for sure!!
Have a Great Day!
Love,
Marilyn

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Love these sweet Barbies! I am having a little giveaway on my blog! Please stop by to visit! ♥

Dogwood said...

Fun Barbie post. I really love the first outfit. The pink skirt, purple top and yellow ribbon.

What fun to get to create with the fun paper and embellishments...

Happy creating. Cory

Laura said...

How cute! We love the stickers,we will be sure to stop back and see your creations with these lovelys

Sarita Boyette said...

Loved these Barbies. I don't guess I knew Avon ever sold them. The one with the red & black dress is stunning and I'm also fond of the one with vintage Barbies dancing around her skirt. But they are ALL pretty!
Can't wait to see your paper creations!

Nancy Jo said...

Hi girls,
So nice to see your post on my site. Yes I had closed my blog for awhile but then just couldn' stay away.
I see your Barbie collection is still growing. Where do you keep them all?
Hope all is well in your world and so nice to hear from you.
Nancy JO

Unknown said...

From one Barbie doll girl in a big plastic world to another Barbie doll girl, I say three cheers to Avon for their unique Barbies!

Something Special said...

Hey, I had the Barbie at the top of the post when I was a girl. That ages me pretty well. I doubt that you are a true hoarder. I have had the privilege of cleaning up a hoarder's home, and you can't imagine what we found. Maybe your just a cute little organized pack rat who likes to save things she will definitely need to craft with later. I sure do that! Come check out my lonely blog, askmichelespecialpaperprojects.blogspot.com as I have posted my layouts of my three newest babies. And I fixed my other blog so that comments can be made again.

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh, I just came across your blog and love it!
Thank you for sharing!
Leticia

Pam said...

Love the Avon Barbies. I'm anxious to see what you have created from the lovely paper.

Daniëlle said...

Love all your Barbies!! Still need to take a picture of the one I have with a quiltinghoop in her hands, such a cute one! Have a happy day! Daniëlle

Sarah said...

I totally had those first four Barbies! My mom has kept them safe in our basement :P Just came across your blog from seeing you featured on the OA blog.. Congrats!