Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's Time For A Sugar Kissed Christmas!!!!!!

Hello friends!
Many of you were with us last year when we came up with the concept of a Sugar Kissed Christmas.
We wanted to put together a vintage inspired theme using our favorite Christmas color scheme of
red and pink.  During the next month, we'll pre-empt Twyla Tuesday and Barbie Wednesday so we can
bring you lots of Sugar Kissed ideas!
Be sure to check back often.  We'll be posting every day with lots of fun crafts, decorations and
give aways!
Do you like our new Sugar Kissed banner? We love it!!! It was created for us by Kris of Blissful Elements.

 
We think it is quite perfectly us!  Feel free to grab the button on our sidebar!

I thought it would be fun to start off this Christmas season of crafting with a tag tutorial!


This tag was created using a super cute Valentine card!

I started by taking a manila tag and covering it with a layer of Tattered Rose Crackle Paint. This crackle paint is by Tim Holtz and it's a really pretty light vintage pink! The crackling looks so cool!


I then cut a 2 3/4 x 5 piece of patterned paper and cut out the vintage valentine out.



I distressed the edges of the pink snowflake paper. You can create this distressed look by running the edge of an open pair of scissors along the edge of the paper. I then glued this piece to the center of my tag.
I then took a pencil and marked dots in a swirl pattern at the top of the tag.



Then went over the dots with silver glitter glue.



While the glitter is drying, take red glitter glue and outline the girl's scarf. I then took a snowflake button that I found at Hobby Lobby and glue it over the clover.




I then punched 2 small holes in the lower left corner of the tag and tied a small red bow threw the holes.



I then added a strip of small white pom pom trim along the bottom. I stamped the number 25 in red ink at the top corner of the tag and also stamped the words: The Season's Greetings in brown ink.




I hope you enjoyed this first tutorial!

Wishing you happiness, Lindsey

30 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm so glad you two are doing this again this Christmas...I got so many fun ideas last year...thank you!!!
Your new banner is adorable!

Sarita Boyette said...

Beautiful! Maybe this is what I need to pull me out of the dumps! I remember what a good time we had last year. xoxoxo

Loretta said...

It's just darling, and I love your new blog banner, which is truly YOU!

Nan said...

I love your Christmas banner and yes I do remember about the sugar kissed from last year. Thanks for the tut very clever and cute changing it from a Valentine to Christmas tag. Nan

Hearts Turned said...

I absolutely LOVE your new banner--and it really does fit you perfectly!

I'm so excited about another Sugar Kissed Christmas, ladies! Your ideas and projects are so vintagely fabulous!

Love the tag--such a sweet little girl--and you altered her from Valentines to Christmas so flawlessly!

Hope you're having a wonderful night!

Julie

Jill said...

Oooh! I can't wait to follow these "sugar kissed" posts!! I love me some glitter, and I love Christmas! Oh! And I love your new banner! Okay, I'm feeling very lovey today.
Hugs,
Jill

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Muchísimas gracias por el tutorial, tomaré buena nota, besos

Chelo

LiLi M. said...

What a great start! I think it's so great you are doing this again. Has it really been a year already? Thanks ladies and have fun too!

Marta said...

Love both, the new banner (so, so, so, so cuuuuute !) and the tag. Let's see if I find the time for it.
Happy day !
Besos ;O)

Unknown said...

Hi Girls, I just love this card. Thank you for posting it can I can dream to aspire to it myself one day.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Y'all!

Hugs...Tracy :)

Theresa said...

P*R*E*C*I*O*U*S! I love this tag! I am inspired by your creativity and I will be following along each day! HUGS!

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Ladies,

Lindsey what an adorable tag, and thank you for the image......I'm a graphics hoarder (I coulda' said somethin' else). Very cute and sweet. Keep em' comin'!

Love ya'
Meri

Claudia said...

What a great tutorial! And your banner is wonderful.

xo
Claudia

Becky Garrison said...

That is the cutest thing! I love making tags, and that's a good thing because I've been making many for a craft show I'm doing in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the swirl of glitter glue idea - love it!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love, love, love your Christmas banner!!!
You have started a wonderful tradition in blogland with your Sugar Kissed Christmas!
Of course the little tag is darling and I look forward to each day with something "sweet"!
Have a great day!
Warmly,
deb :)

Cindy said...

Oh girls I will be so grabbing your button and posting this on Rick-Rack and over at "Mornin Glories".
The banner is to swoon over!! I will keep her in my book for possible future updates on my banners.
I wasn't friends last year yet with ya'll..this is my first year to be "Christmas Sugar Kissed"..I can't wait for all the cute ideas.

Hugs and Yeah for Christmas..Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

ADORABLE!!! And now I think I NEED the crackle paint!!!

Unknown said...

Love these!!!!! So glad you ar doing thema gain this year!!!! And I adore the Christmas Banner! Very....both of you! :):) Sandy

April C said...

That tag is so adorable! I can't wait to see what else you ladies come up with this season. Thanks for sharing.

Betty said...

That tag turned out adorable! I'm looking forward to your Sugar Kissed Christmas!

Carrie said...

super super cute!!!

NanE said...

Oh I love your new Holiday look! I think I'll crab a cup of hot chocolate and just hang out here for awhile :)
Thanks for sharing the tut and the sweet image too.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Nan

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Christmas Days are here again! Just when I haven't got a single thing left to make and feeling blue, I now know there will be something special from until the big day! Thank you both for all that you share with us! Elizabeth

PS Have a lovely Thanksgiving holiday! Elizabeth

★Carol★ said...

Let the Sugar Kissed Christmas festivities begin! That sweet tag was a great way to start, and your new header is so YOU. Can't wait to see what you gals are going to come up with next!

Unknown said...

Sugar kissed is right with sugar sprinkles all over the top. Very very cute and sooooo "the two of you"...
What a tag team you are!
Smiles and Happy Thanksgiving day to you both and your family.

wig4usc said...

I love the new banner and look forward to all your creative goodies during the holiday season! The tag is awesome!

Sherry from Alabama said...

Your card is beautiful but I don't think I could have cut off the Be My Valentine part for some reason. :) Hope you kept that part for another beautiful card.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Hi Lindsey!
Thank you so much for sharing your darling tutorial with us!
May your holidays be sweet!

Shirley said...

Oh, Lindsey. That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hurray! i'm so glad you girls are doing this again but oh my does it kill me to not be with you every day! Ugh! this is good for me right? :)

Lindsey dear, this tag is perfect! SOOOOO cute! love you girls! i'm trying to put up a post today but blogger won't let me!