Monday, January 24, 2011

Valentine Tag Tutorial

Hello friends!
Today we are sharing a super easy tag tutorial
using this pretty vintage valentine!


Start with a manila tag or cut out tag shape from cardstock.





Print and cut valentine.


 


Using my favorite new Martha Stewart punch,
 I punched the top and bottom of a strip of yellow polka dot paper
 from the Modern Homemaker line by October Afternoon to fit the tag.


 


I then inked the tag using Fired Brick Distress Ink.
 I use the wood blending tool that has a foam pad
 to blend the ink into the paper to achieve a soft even color across the tag. 





One of my favorite products right now are these little paper doilies by Martha Stewart.
You can find them at Michaels.




 
I glued the doily behind the heart on the valentine image.
I also stamped small swirls on the top edges of the tag using the Fired Brick Distress Ink.





I adhered the image to the tag using foam pop dots to make it more dimensional.
Then I took a Signo White Gel pen and added small stitch marks around the image.






To finish off the tag,
 I took a red glitter pen and added glitter around the edges of the valentine and at the top of the tag.






I hope you enjoyed this tag tutorial today!
If you like this tag, it is now listed  here in our etsy shop!

Have a lovely day, Lindsey

9 comments:

Marta said...

Cute and lovely in her pretty dress, as always.
Have a lovely day you too ;O)

Theresa said...

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with me! Have a blessed day dear friends! HUGS!

Donna said...

Now this is a unique blog. I'm going to keep an eye on your posts for color scheme inspirations. Thank you ladies also for joining my blog. Enjoy your day!

Holloway Family said...

What talent you have!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Pam in Brussels, Belgium

Cindy said...

So cute! Thanks for the tutorial. I have a question. I almost bought the TH blending tool the other day, then thought it wasn't essential. What do you think? I do have trouble getting the distressing the way I want it. Does this help?n Thanks.

Unknown said...

TOO CUTE! I just love your tutorials ! I have to get my Valentines ready to go out, and then I am getting busy with some tags! :) Sandy

Anonymous said...

I love it, Lindsey! Is'nt it funny how something like the little stitches can pull it all together? I'll have to keep my eye open for those Martha doilies! ♥

Anonymous said...

Twyla, it's probably just an aol problem- not your computer! ♥

La said...

Very cute tag. I've always loved doilies. They are so pretty, delicate, and feminine.

Have a great day! La