Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Twyla on Tuesday

Hello ladies!
I'm sure many of you are picking up
your mops, buckets and array of cleaners in
our annual celebration of spring - Cleaning!





At our house we are trying to clear out our beloved
sun room to enjoy.  Over the winter we use it for storage
and it was in bad need of clearing, cleaning and rejuvenating.
My back is sore and I am stiff, but it is sure nice to see that
spring has sprung in our little sun room.





There is still much to do and loads to take to the thrift store,
but Lindsey and I are pleased with the work we accomplished today.
After all, there is still the usual work that must be done
such as making our wonderful homemade laundry
detergent.




I sure am thankful to all the bloggers who shared this recipe
and I would encourage you to give it a try, too!  It's so much
cheaper and better for my high efficiency washer.

I am glad that the old proverb 'Cleanliness is next to Godliness'
is not in the Bible
because I can see that I am a long way from where I need to be.




You are already clean because of the word which I
have spoken to you.  -  John 15:3

Happy Easter to all our dear friends!
Twyla

12 comments:

Sarita Boyette said...

We have been spring cleaning also - have given so many bags of clothes to GRACE, our town charity.
Clothes I haven't worn since I worked 5 years ago! I'm just glad someone can use them - I hate to throw good stuff away. Glad you can use your lovely sunroom now! I love that painted bucket and pretty teacup you are using for a scoop. And you beautiful crochet dishrags, too. xoxo

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I've done my spring clean just in time for the Easter weekend! Good luck with yours

Victoria x

Cindy said...

I have been so busy working in the yard that I am behind on the spring cleaning. Well, it is supposed to rain this week, good time to get it done.

Theresa said...

I could use your help with my Spring cleaning too:) Love the pastels... have a blessed day dear friends! HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Yes! He made us clean and we are loved- dirt, clutter and all!

Enjoy that sunroom! ♥

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

I've just had a wonderful time looking at all of your wonderful vintage cards posted recently. They are my "cup of tea" and I love them all! I've been working on our family's genealogy and just getting acquainted with a new program so haven't been visiting as much as I'd like to but...you are both in my thoughts every day! Awesome mom and daughter!
Love and Hugs to you both!
Coralie

Hearts Turned said...

Good morning, Twyla! Love your spring cleaning post--now I need to get busy!

Isn't that laundry soap the most wonderful thing?! I made mine with the Pink Zote soap, and just love it!

Hope your day is beautiful, my friend!

Julie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi girls! Hope you have a great week. There's no such thing as spring cleaning around here as it never lasts for long with all the dust. But organizing is definitely something I need to work. Wishing you many blessings, Tammy

Rizzi said...

WE ARE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF SPRING CLEANING AT OUR HOME.
BUT, THE KIDS HAVE SPRING BREAK, AND THEY ARE GOING TO HORSE BACK RIDING CAMP EVERYDAY, AND ENJOYING THEMSELVES.
SO RUNNING BACK AND FORTH SLOWS US DOWN.
A LITTLE BIT HERE AND A LITTLE BIT THERE....
IT WILL ALL GET DONE.
HAPPY SPRING...RIZZI

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

No Cleaning on my Birthday!!! or you could come over and help me clean out my sunroom/porch!
It's still COLD here... :(
warmly,
deb

Happy@Home said...

It sounds like a lot is being accomplished at your house. I love the photos you used to accompany this post. I've seen that homemade laundry soap mentioned on several blogs. I may have to give it a try. Sounds great.
Thanks so much for the birthday wishes today and Happy Easter to you.

KatCollects said...

I'm intrigued about making laundry soap, I do way to much laundry and it gets expensive. I hope your back feels better soon.
Hugs,
Kathy