Thursday, July 19, 2012

Christmas Crafting in July?


Hello friends!

Last December, something very exciting happened to me.
I had just shared a vintage Christmas card here on our blog, as well as sharing tags everyday that I had been making for the Tim Holtz Twelve Days of Christmas Tags event. Tim found and visited our blog and offered
 to buy the vintage card that I had shared here.
 I am a total Tim fanatic and was thrilled to send him the card.
He said that if he ever used the image he would let me know.
Well, fast forward to just a couple weeks ago, when I was visiting Tim's blog to see his newest product releases, I spotted my card used as a new stamp!!!
I was so happy to see this Santa and reindeer image created into this gorgeous stamp set! Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Tim contacted me to send me this not yet released stamp set!


So I've had this set in my hands to play with
 this week and created a few tags.


This tag was created by stamping the image onto watercolor paper and coloring with Distress Markers and a water brush.


I just love how this image stamps!!


This tag is using the Distress Markers to color the
 stamp before stamping it onto the tag.


On this tag, I heat embossed the stamp and colored in with Distress Markers.
I also used Tim's Kraft Core cardstock on this tag.


I created the white wash effect with Picket Fence
 Distress Stain on a kraft tag.


On this tag I used Festive Berries and Mowed Lawn Distress inks and then stamped the image with Archival ink.


I hope your having a lovely week, Lindsey


Pin It

10 comments:

Jenny's Place Online said...

Congrats on your stamp! Love the tags you have made... I can't decide which one I like the most...lol... :) Happy crafting, Jenny

The Old Parsonage said...

How awesome is that?! Congratulations!!!!! Love that he made the card into a stamp set - I'd buy it - it's so full of vintagey goodness. I'll have to look for it!

Enjoy sweet friend!
Leann

Heidi Ann said...

Lindsey - that is the coolest thing ever!! I love Tim Holtz and all of his products! Congratulations, and your tags are fabulous!

Old Fashioned Gal said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations to you!!! How excited you must be! :)
-Denise

Shirley Hatfield said...

What an honor...I know I would be over the moon! I love that you are working on Christmas ideas...I cannot help doing the same. I have a question...how do you neatly stain the edges of the cards? I'm a bit intimidated...kind of afraid I'll spoil what I've done so far. Is there a special technique?

Michelle said...

How awesome for you! I love Tim Holtz and all his products. The tags you've created with the stamp are amazing.

Unknown said...

Lindsey,

How fabulous for you! I know you are thrilled. It's very gratifying knowing that your work is appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Claudia
Homestead Vintage

RetroSandie said...

Congrats!!! I love how differently you did each tag. They are all very cute!!

The Weekend Artist said...

Wow, congrats on your great stamp!

Laura said...

This is so exciting!!!! I can only imagine how thrilled you are. The stamp is fabulous....and as always, your art work is breathtaking!!!!!

Happy for you!