Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hitting the Trail!

 
 
I hit the trail again this weekend!
 
This trail used to be an old railroad line.
I love it that there are many of the
trestle bridges still there!
 
 
There are trailheads every few miles with
information and parking.
It's a very well thought out recreational
trail!


 
I have a fondness for the Missouri river
and many times the trail runs right along with it.
Since Lewis and Clark started out in St. Charles,
(just as we did), there are historical markers along
the way. 
 
 
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5,6
 
Have a nice Monday!
Twyla
 

Pin It

7 comments:

vintage grey said...

Hi Twyla! Those bridges are so neat! And, it is just so beautiful there!! So glad you had a great day!! xo Heather

Theresa said...

Beautiful pictures:) I enjoyed my walk with you! LOVE that verse! Have a blessed day dear Twyla, HUGS!

Sherry from Alabama said...

I know you'll enjoy your journey on that beautiful trail. Hope you have perfect weather for it too!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting to do this, Twyla!

It's really too hot for walking here right now. I have to go early in the morning if I go. ♥

A Colorful World said...

Really nice post! I'd love to do part of Lewis & Clark's trail some time!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I do love walking trails. That one is gorgeous. How fun!

Scrap for Joy said...

I am enjoying trekking along with you...beautiful scenery!
Good for you for making this commitment to walk. I need to do more of that myself!
xoxo
Joyce