Friday, August 9, 2013

Pink Baby Quilt



Hello ladies!
Last weekend, I was in an antique
store and spotted this very sweet little
quilt!  I couldn't believe how sweet it
was!  I also couldn't believe the price!


 
Only $12!  It has some bleach spots on it
that didn't ruin it's beauty to me.
Someone painstakingly pieced this beautiful
little quilt for a special little girl.  Her mother or
grandmother maybe?
It is just 33" by 47" and each block is only 4" square.
It seems even more precious because it is so petite.
 
 
You have to wonder how it ever got away from the
one it was made for.  I'll never know the story, but
feel so fortunate that it now resides with me.
 
 
"From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
- Psalm 61:2
 
Have a beautiful Saturday!
Love, Twyla

Pin It

12 comments:

Jane said...

It looks lovely! So happy it found a good home. It does seem so sad that these things aren't kept within the family, but we don't know the whole story.

Theresa said...

Oh what a beautiful quilt:) Sweet creation for someone special! Enjoy your day dear Twyla, HUGS!

Sherry from Alabama said...

I love the simple beauty of the sweet little quilt. I can't believe you got it so cheap at an antique store. I'm sure it does have a story to tell. I know each of my quilts do. Every time I use the very first quilt I made, I recall my mother and my husband's great aunt coming over to my home and teaching me how to quilt. I was in my 20's then! Such sweet memories.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet and a great price, too! ♥

Michelle said...

How lucky you are to have found such a beautiful quilt. I always wonder about the stories behind new-to-me things, too.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so very beautiful! Sometimes people 'grow up' and think they don't need the things they had when they were little. It's hard for us to understand though! I would hug it! lol

Simply Shelley said...

Sweet indeed. So much love sewn within those stitches to be sure. I know it has found a wonderful home with you...blessings sweet friend

Judi said...

That is beautiful and a real treasure and I wouldn't mind the imperfections either, just adds to the charm ~ congrats on such a sweet find ... and the price!! Judi

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh what a sweet baby quilt!

vintage grey said...

Hi Twyla!! Oh my, I am in love with it!! So adorable and sweet!! And, the quilting is beautiful!! Great find!! Have a blessed Sunday! xo Heather

GardenOfDaisies said...

It's beautiful! So glad that it has found it's way into your heart and home.

A Colorful World said...

Thank you so much for coming by my blog and commenting on my Inspired Sunday post a few weeks back...I am really behind catching up with people! :-( Love this amazing little quilt! What a wonderful find. It is sad the owner no longer has it, but I can tell you will give it the love it deserves! Oh, on Pinterest? So am I. I will follow you. I also have a quilting blog if you want to check that out (from my blog sidebar). Have a wonderful week!